CX Exchange for Travel and Hospitality Day 1
8:00 - 8:45 Registration and Coffee
8:45 - 8:50 Customer Experience Exchange Introduction and Welcome
Georgia Moore, Head of CX Portfolio, IQPC Exchange
8:50 - 9:00 Chairperson's Opening RemarksSean Weafer - Professional Speaker, MC and Speaker Coach, SeanWeafer.com
9:00 - 9:15 Networking Challenge!
Open the envelope in the middle of your table, read out the question, and discuss!
9:15 - 9:45 Innovating the Airline Customer JourneyCorneel Koster - Senior Vice President - Europe, Middle East, Africa and India, Delta Airlines, Inc.
• Innovating the customer journey through the use of technology
• Aligning and designing customer centric strategies with Delta’s partners
• Building on Delta’s ‘people first culture’ to excel the customer experience across the global brand
Corneel KosterSenior Vice President - Europe, Middle East, Africa and India
Delta Airlines, Inc.
9:45 - 10:15 Building Loyalty in the Future Digital World of TravelDave Evans - VP Social Strategy, Lithium
In the fast-paced, competitive world of Travel & Hospitality, consistently delivering amazing experiences is the difference between one-off customer acquisition and building loyal guests. As your customer increasingly turn to asynchronous digital communication, aka “mobile phones,” changes the game. To carry the conversation from start to finish in-channel, you need secure digital communications, commerce capability, and scalable, real-time engagement tools that span branded social and private digital. In this session you’ll see how top brands are creating amazing customer experiences through real-time digital messaging and tightly connected, real-time analytics.
Dave EvansVP Social Strategy
10:20 - 10:50 One to One Business Meetings
11:25 - 11:55 One to One Business Meetings and Networking
10:55 - 11:25 Reshaping global travel support without compromising the human experience Paula Kennedy-Garcia - Vice President - Market Lead EMEA CEU, Convergys
Almost 150 million people use online and mobile channels to book and manage their personal and business travel plans every year. Combine this ‘anytime-anywhere’ customer behaviour with heightened competition from the travel disruptors and it has never been more critical for organisations in the travel and hospitality sector to provide asynchronous support that maps to the demands of the customer at the point in time they need it.
How do you best support customers whose time zone and language extends beyond the normal confines of ‘office hours’?
How commercially feasible is it to be ‘always on’, but what happens if you are not?
Join Convergys as they explore the changing landscape of global support in a digitally transformed world and how to ensure the human experience is not compromised by an overload of automation and technology, as well as new approaches opening up for cost optimisation.
Paula Kennedy-GarciaVice President - Market Lead EMEA CEU
11:30 - 12:10 The Battle Between Airports and Airlines. Who Owns the Customer?Sean Weafer - Professional Speaker, MC and Speaker Coach SeanWeafer.com
Berend-Jan Rietveld - Strategic Manager Passenger Centricity, Aviation Marketing, Cargo & Customer Experience, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Antony Price - Director of Marketing and Customer, flybmi
Leanne Kerry - Head of Customer Experience, Manchester Airport Group
• Improving the relationship between airport and airline services to create a seamless travel experience
• Aligning all stakeholder’s CX strategies to deliver consistent excellent experiences
• Launching a community app to log performance for all stakeholders
• Implementing queue monitoring technology to improve transparency
• Taking ownership for fragmented touch points to smooth the end-to-end experience
Berend-Jan RietveldStrategic Manager Passenger Centricity, Aviation Marketing, Cargo & Customer Experience
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Antony PriceDirector of Marketing and Customer
12:10 - 12:40 Using Personalisation to Create Unique Guest Experiences Every TimeTony Roberts - Vice President, Princess Cruises UK and Europe
• How to perfect the personalisation of the guest experience provide your guests with exceptional exclusivity
• Launching personalised app configurations based on guest personas and past booking preferences
• How to personalise the experience across multiple channels to deliver service excellence
• How to understand your guests by leveraging big data to create bespoke packages
• Delivering personalisation on a large scale on a budget
Tony RobertsVice President
Princess Cruises UK and Europe
12:45 - 13:15 One to One Business Meetings
14:40 - 15:10 Culture Clinic
Just as customers are evolving, so are employees and what they expect from you as employers. When building, developing and implementing new business strategies, your company culture needs to reflect what you want to achieve. However, how do you as leadership transform that culture and employee experience to align with your corporate vision, mission and values?
Listen and learn from the leading solution providers transforming corporate culture with a coffee and a cake in the designated culture clinic zone during one of the networking breaks.
13:15 - 14:00 Interactive Networking Lunch
13:30 - 14:00 Injecting the brand architecture in customer experience to deliver insightful and emotional brand experience.Onur Dedekoylu - Senior Vice President, Marketing, Pegasus Airlines
- Developing an innovative brand experience for a key passenger segment.
- Going out of the box to truly reflect brand architecture in the customer experience.
- Developing positive interactions based on powerful insights and key painpoints.
Onur DedekoyluSenior Vice President, Marketing
14:05 - 14:35 One to One Business Meetings
14:40 - 15:10 One to One Business Meetings
14:40 - 15:10 How artificial intelligence, and advances in modern day communication channels can be used in the travel industry to provide a seamless customer contact experience?Leanne Kerry - Head of Customer Experience, Manchester Airport Group
15:15 - 15:45 Conversational Commerce: Now on Every Traveller's Smartphone in 2018Reuben White - VP Enterprise, North EMEA, LivePerson
Reuben will look at how to meet consumer expectations, what tasks to automate, how to run operations, how to design conversations, which use cases work best, and how the metrics are dramatically different from the world of analog voice.
He will also share his thoughts on the impact new consumer endpoints, such as Apple Business Chat, Google Rich Business Messaging, Amazon Alexa, and now WhatsApp, will bring.
Reuben WhiteVP Enterprise, North EMEA
15:45 - 16:15 Embedding Customer-Centricity Across Your CompanyJustin Conry - Head of Transformation, Three
• The symbiotic relationship between Technology and employees in delivering great CX
• Leading a culture change that puts CX at the heart of the organisation
• Measuring the right things in CX and acting on the insight
• Building support for eXperience & Operational (X & O) data analysis
• The positive causal link between employee experience and the impact it has on customer experience
Justin ConryHead of Transformation
16:20 - 16:50 One to One Business Meetings
16:55 - 17:25 One to One Business Meetings
16:20 - 17:25 Building a future-proof company and culture using Lean Service Creation Trevor Didcock - Non-executive Director, Futurice
Hanno Nevanlinna - Co-Founder and Head of Culture, Futurice
An interactive workshop introducing Futurice’s Lean Service Creation – our proven methodology for rapid co-creation of new products and services.
Built on our experience across thousands of service creation projects with clients including Finnair, Helsinki Airport, BMW, E.ON and Nordea, LSC helps you to reach business objectives in an iterative and human-centric way.
Attend this session to see firsthand how LSC can empower your team to tackle customer problems, de-risk innovation and future-proof your company.
Trevor DidcockNon-executive Director
Hanno NevanlinnaCo-Founder and Head of Culture
17:30 - 18:00 Leveraging AI and Self-Service Technology to Reduce Customer Pain PointsFilip Filipov - Vice President, Product Management, Skyscanner
• Finding the perfect balance between self-service and human interaction
• Making it easier for passengers by offering self-service check-in, security and passport control
• Evaluating the impact of AI technology during both digital and non-digital interactions in a call centre environment
• Exploring facial recognition software at various touch points to improve the end-to-end airport experience
• Improving the efficiency of strategy roll out to keep up with emerging technology and the ever-changing expectations
of the customer
Filip FilipovVice President, Product Management
Interactive Roundtable Discussions
Live, Eat, and Breathe Customer18:00 - 18:30 Digitally Empowering Customers Through Customer Journey Experience Kamal Nayak - Director of Digital Engineering, Hilton Global Web & HHonors, Customer Journey Technology & Delivery, Hilton Worldwide
Kamal NayakDirector of Digital Engineering, Hilton Global Web & HHonors, Customer Journey Technology & Delivery
Live, Eat, and Breathe Customer18:00 - 18:30 Developing Digital Strategies to Provide In-Flight Passenger Experiences Eveliina Huurre - Vice President, Inflight Experience, Finnair
Live, Eat, and Breathe Customer18:00 - 18:30 Bringing the Customer to the Core of Your Organisation Estelle Giraudeau - Managing Director, (UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and Germany), Club Med
18:00 - 18:30 Surveys are dead. Long live Feedback!Susie Higgs - Head of Customer Experience, Cineworld Group
Russ Peddar - Sector Manager, Rant and Rave
These popular interactive roundtables allow you to break off into small groups where you will be able to benchmark, debate and discuss
best practice with your peers.
How does it work? Select from the options available to ensure you are sat at a table with peers who have
similar goals to your own.